Hi my name's Helen Dexter and I'm a partner specialising in agricultural law. I look after clients across the whole of the region from Yorkshire to Northumberland and across to Cumbria; an area rich in rural resources. If you need guidance on a matter related to you, your farm, land, produce or livestock please give me a call or ask a question online.
Tilly Bailey & Irvine has a dedicated team working on matters for farmers, suppliers and professionals working within the agricultural sector.
We work with local farmers and landowners assisting with a wide range of issues.
There are increasing demands on farmers and landowners from customers, supply chains and governments at a local, national and European level; making it an area where innovative solutions are essential for the survival of the business.
We respect the unique mix of tradition, environmental issues, contractual pressures and technological innovation that those working in the agriculture sector balance each day.
Our experienced team can help with:
- Sale and purchase of land and farms
- Farm Business Tenancies
- Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies, including succession matters acting for both Landlord and Tenant
- Rights of Way and access to land
- Wills and inheritance tax planning
- Partnership Agreements and advice on alternative business structures
- Option Agreements of Development Land
- Environmental diversification (including wind turbine options and Lease Agreements)
- First Registrations of land and farms
- Support with Common Agricultural Policy issues
- Dispute resolution & litigation advice