Hello, I’m Alison Leith and I am the partner in charge of the Commercial Disputes Team. Our specialist property litigators are available to advise and assist on all types of property disputes and act for a wide range of clients, including developers, investors, retailers, educational establishments, property managers and charities. Contact us to discuss how we can assist you.
- Rent and service charge recovery (including distraint, court action and insolvency proceedings)
- Disputes over breaches of covenants including forfeiture/relief applications
- Dilapidations claims
- Lease surrender negotiations
- Residential possession actions
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Disputes with owners of neighbouring properties over boundaries, easements, trespass, adverse possession, nuisance
- Recovery of land from unlawful occupiers/squatters
- Service charge disputes
Recent client stories
We successfully obtained, on behalf of the owners of a retail/industrial estate, an emergency order evicting trespassers from their land. We are currently representing a client in respect of a dispute over use of a right of way. Tilly Bailey & Irvine made an application to the court for a Declaration that our clients were entitled to use the right of way for all purposes. The Judge ruled in favour of our clients which allowed them to press ahead with their development plans.