Family Friendly Workplace
Hi I'm Alison Leith I'm a partner and I run the employment department for Tilly Bailey & Irvine. There are many types of family friendly rights to which an employer must adhere to flexible working for parents and carers including caring for children, teleworking, maternity leave and pay, paternity leave and pay, adoption leave, dependants' and urgent personal leave, parental leave and childcare provision. We can help advise and draw up policies for your employees. Contact myself or a member of the Employment team today to find out more.
There are many types of “family friendly rights” to which an employer must adhere to. Each right has its own set of rules.
These rights include:-
- Maternity leave
- Protection from detriment or dismissal for a pregnancy or maternity related reason
- Sex discrimination (example – the sex discrimination laws can protect mothers against being forced to work overtime)
- Adoption leave
- Paternity leave
- Parental leave
- Right to request flexible working
- Right to time off to care for dependents
- Legal protection from discrimination on the grounds of marriage will be expanded to include same sex couples having conducted a civil partnership
- Rights relating to family related leave for those having conducted a civil partnership.
If you have any questions on any of the above mentioned rights please do not hesitate to contact Tilly Bailey & Irvine’s Employment Team who will be happy to assist you.