News & Opinions

News and Events
Helen Elstob

What Does Safeguarding The Elderly In Care Homes Mean?

  • Posted

When elderly loved ones become unwell, whether that be because of mental health or physical concerns, families often have difficult and important decisions to make about future care . Which care home will best suit their needs? Where...

What Steps To Take If You Are Involved In A Tripping Accident

  • Posted

If you have suffered an injury due to tripping over a defect on a public road or pavement, you may be entitled to claim compensation from your local Council. If the area is privately owned, a claim can be pursued against the owner and/or occupier...

How To Recognise If You Have A Work Related Illness

  • Posted

An individual who has developed an occupational illness may be entitled to claim compensation from his/her employer and/or benefits from the Department of Work and Pensions. More commonly known conditions are asbestosis, pleural thickening and...

How To Make Sure Your Vulnerable Loved Ones Are Safe In Care

  • Posted

It can be a worrying time when our loved ones enter the care system, whether it is because of physical or mental ill health. Families need to know that they are safe and well cared for. It is an area that I am passionate about because as well as...

Claimant Awarded £250,000 For Complex Injuries

  • Posted

Mr F of Stockton on Tees, was involved in a serious road traffic accident on 21 st July 2011. He was riding his motor bike when the driver of a car drove across his path causing a collision. He was thrown from his motor bike onto the road, landing on...

Salmonella Compensation & How To Claim For Food Poisoning

  • Posted

Tilly Bailey & Irvine has become aware of a number of people who have recently tested positive for Salmonella poisoning after eating at a local Teesside pub. In total, 74 people suffered bouts of vomiting, stomach cramps and diarrhoea; after eating at a...