We act for farmers, land owners, investors and property develops providing advice on in-hand farming and forestry, agricultural tenancies, development opportunities, leisure, tourism, mineral extraction and sporting rights.
Our agricultural team provide and deliver specialist advice and a gateway to the other services the firm can offer. Two of the team are farmers themselves and as such have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the farming industry as well as first hand experience of he issues facing farmers today.
There are increasing demands on farmers and landowners from customers, supply chains and governments at a local, national and European level; making it an area where innovative solutions are essential for the survival of the business.
We respect the unique mix of tradition, environmental issues, contractual pressures and technological innovation that those working in the agriculture sector balance each day.
Our experienced team can help with:
- Sale and purchase of land and farms as well as advising on the transfer of single farm payments and agri-environmental schemes.
- Agricultural tenancies, tenancy succession and tenancy disputes.
- Disposal of land for residential development by way of option, conditional contract and promotion agreements.
- Strategic development advice
- Mineral extraction and exploitation of mineral rights.
- The sale and purchase of mineral rights
- The sale and purchase of sporting rights.
- Renewable energy schemes including wind farm, solar farms and bio-gas schemes
- Diversification projects
- Wills and succession planning.
- Taxation advice with an emphasis on inheritance tax and agricultural property relief.
- Easements - water, gas, electricity and telephone.
- Share and contract farming agreements.
- Mergers, de-mergers and re-constructions of agricultural businesses.
- Employment advice.
- Defending prosecutions by the Health and Safety Executive and the Environmental Agency.
- Partnerships and partnership disputes.