What Is New Build Conveyancing?
New build conveyancing is a specialist area of conveyancing which is somewhat different to the process of buying a second hand property. At Tilly Bailey & Irvine, we have a dedicated team who deal solely in new build conveyancing, and are here to help you with the purchase of your new build property.
- Eve Wilderspin
- Senior Associate Solicitor
- Wendy Frame
- Residential Conveyancing Manager
- Leanne Scott
- Senior Conveyancing Executive
What Do I Need To Do?
The new build industry has seen a steady increase in the number of properties completed in the last few years, due to initiatives such as the Governments Help To Buy Scheme. The new build conveyancing process also offers a number of other specific specialist schemes, such as the New Buy scheme, and part exchange schemes, which means that it is important to instruct a solicitor familiar in these areas.
You may wonder why it is important to instruct a specialist new build conveyancer when purchasing a new build property, as you may feel it is no different to any other property. However it is imperative to instruct a solicitor who understands the complexities of this area of the law. Tilly Bailey & Irvine have specialist personnel and procedures in place to help you purchase your property in a quick and effective manner, whilst ensuring you appropriate levels of protection.
Our New Build Specialist advice covers the following key areas:
- Advice on the Help to Buy Scheme
- New Home Build Warranties – a new build should benefit from a ten year warranty to be compliant with lender requirements. Popular providers include NHBC & LABC.
- Planning & Building Regulations Consents – a New Build property must have Local Authority Planning and Building regulations consent prior to completion.
- Road & Sewer Adoption Agreements – new roads and sewers are not the responsibility of the Local Authority – we can check to ensure appropriate arrangements are in place.
- Restrictive Covenants – are a set of negative obligations placed on new build buyers. We can guide you through the rules in full.
- Ensuring appropriate Rights are in place for your property – your property must have appropriate rights to enable you to use the property.
- Ensure that your property is registered in a timely manner – we will deal with the registration of your property at the Land Registry to ensure your ownership of the property is secured.
Should you require any new build conveyancing quotations, or if you would like to discuss the process of purchasing a new build property prior to making a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact the New Build Team today.