Court Of Protection

The Court of Protection has the power to appoint people to manage your affairs, if you become mentally incapable and do not have a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).

A better solution is, while you are fit and well, to appoint someone to look after your affairs.  We strongly recommend clients to complete a Lasting Power of Attorney


  • Carolyn Tilly
      • 01429 405091
      • View profile
  • Martin  Brown
      • 01429 405066
      • View profile
  • Nicola Dalzell
      • 01642 356407
      • View profile
  • Helen Dexter
      • 01833 638326
      • View profile
  • Annaliese Barber
      • 01429 405079
      • View profile
  • Jessica Morton
      • 01740 669248
      • View profile
  • Joanne Tillotson
      • 01429 405071
      • View profile

Your Deputy (usually a family member) will then be able to deal with your financial affairs, under the supervision of the Court of Protection.  At Tilly Bailey & Irvine we have considerable experience applying for orders appointing deputies and dealing with the Court of Protection.

The Court has the power to make other orders to decide issues for persons who are not mentally capable of making decisions for themselves such as;

  • Making a will
  • Making gifts
  • Tax planning