Personal Injury

Have you suffered an injury that was not your fault? Tilly Bailey & Irvine's North East Solicitors in Hartlepool, Wynyard, Stockton-on-tees and Barnard Castle have the specialist knowledge and experience to support your claim.

If you have suffered an injury that wasn't your fault, the compensation process may seem very confusing. You may also be unsure if you have a viable claim. We can provide answers to any questions you may have.

From minor injuries to those which are life-changing, we are on hand to assess your individual circumstances and guide you through the whole process every step of the way.

Be assured that we are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome.  We have a proven track record in Teesside, the North East and across the UK for achieving the highest possible personal injury compensation pay-outs for our clients.

NO WIN NO FEE: To find out more, please contact our solicitors on 0333 444 4422 or fill in our contact form.

Personal Injury Calculator

Estimate what your No Win No Fee claim could be
Use our Personal Injury Calculator

Get Your Estimate

At Tilly Bailey & Irvine, our personal injury solicitors are part of a full-service, award-winning law firm. Led by John Hall, Kay Ditcham and Mark Ellis, he team has a national reputation for providing exceptional legal advice and utilising the latest technology and research to get the best results for clients.

As well as having years of experience running road traffic accident claims cases, John is a panel member of Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and a Senior Litigator with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.

TBI's team of Teesside personal injury solicitors is dedicated to providing quality, compassionate, knowledgeable service to all our clients, no matter how big or small their personal injury claim.  You can be confident that you will receive a high standard of client care, which includes your emails and phone calls being returned promptly and being kept fully up to date with the progress of your matter.

At Tilly Bailey & Irvine we offer quality, integrity, and a personal service to each of our clients. We keep our message simple, employ good staff, offer excellent advice, and keep firmly within law society guidelines.  Our motivation is in securing the best possible results for our clients.

What are personal injury claims?

Personal injury claims can arise in a wide variety of circumstances.  You could be a victim of an industrial accident , medical negligence , a criminal injury , or dental negligence.

What all the above need to have in common for a personal injury claim to arise is the following:

  1. a person or organisation (such as a doctor, employer, company, or local body) owed you a duty of care;
  2. they breached their duty; and
  3. this breach resulted in you suffering damage.

In most personal injury claims, (a) is relatively easy to prove.  It is whether a breach of duty occurred and, if so, if that breach caused damage to the claimant, that can be more complex to establish.

That is why it is imperative that you instruct an experienced personal injury lawyer to advise, support and represent you if you choose to make a claim for compensation.  Our personal injury team has years of experience in managing high-value, complex personal injury actions.  In addition, because we are a full-service law firm, our personal injury solicitors can collaborate with experts in other departments such as employment and commercial, to provide comprehensive legal advice to our clients.

I have had an accident at work. What are my rights?

If you have suffered from an accident at work, normally you may be able to claim compensation under a no win, no fee arrangement (see below).  Your employer will have insurance to cover any personal injury claims made against them.  We will bring the claim on your behalf, dealing with your employer’s solicitors.  There is no reason to fear bringing a claim for personal injury; it is against the law for your employer to harass you or make your life difficult because you have chosen to make a claim for compensation.

When to file a personal injury claim

Personal injury claims are subject to the Limitation Act 1980.  In most circumstances, you will only have three years from the date of your personal injury, or alternatively, the date you were diagnosed with your injury, to claim compensation.

It is therefore crucial that you contact us as soon as you receive or are diagnosed with a personal injury.  Even if you are unsure if you have a valid claim, come in and see us and we will swiftly let you know if a compensation claim exists.

What is the personal injury claims process?

The first step to making a personal injury claim, whether it is for an accident at work or a slip and trip claim is to contact our personal injury solicitors.  We will evaluate the circumstances of your accident or medical or dental negligence claim and let you know if it is possible to claim compensation.

There are two types of damages that may be claimed if you sue for negligence:

  • General damages – these are upon medical evidence: normally a medical expert’s report on the injuries suffered needs to be obtained. The amount of compensation depends on how the injuries affect you now and in the future.
  • Special damages – these are designed to compensate you for out-of-pocket expenses such as travel, prescriptions, and any rehabilitation you may need.  Special damages are designed to put you back in the position you would have been had your injury not been received.

In most cases, personal injury claims, even complex ones, are settled outside of court.  However, if litigation becomes inevitable, we will provide robust representation and support you through the entire process.

Does it cost me to use an injury solicitor?

Our firm understands that those who have suffered a personal injury may already be under considerable financial pressure.  Many of the claims we deal with involve people who have suffered catastrophic injuries that affect not only them but their whole family.

Therefore, we offer no win, no fee arrangements (also known as Conditional Fee Arrangements, or CFAs).  If we do not succeed in claiming compensation for you, you will not pay any legal fees.  We can offer ATE insurance to cover the cost of disbursements.  No premium is payable if your claim is unsuccessful.

To find out more about how we can advise you on making a personal negligence claim, please call us on 0333 444 4422 to talk to one of our solicitors.

  • Kay Ditcham
      • 01429 405174
      • View profile
  • Mark Ellis
      • 01429 405117
      • View profile
  • John Hall
      • 01429 405115
      • View profile
  • Nathalie Clayton
      • 01429 405122
      • View profile
  • Adrienne Harris
      • 01429 405121
      • View profile