Dual qualification, Fellow of ILEX and Solicitor
Year Of Admission:
- Qualified as a Fellow of ILEX 2004
- Qualified as a Solicitor 2007
- Legal Executive, Tilly Bailey & Irvine
- Solicitor, Tilly Bailey & Irvine 2007 to July 2014
- Associate, Tilly Bailey & Irvine 2014 to Present
Experience and Expertise:
I pride myself on being approachable and friendly and I have an excellent relationship with my clients.
As an experienced Solicitor, I deal with complex Personal Injury, Industrial Disease and Clinical Negligence work, specialising in:
- Sexual and physical abuse and neglect claims
- Asbestos related injuries
- Deafness/noise induced hearing loss
- Vibration white finger
- High value road personal injury claims including, road traffic accidents, accidents at work and claims against the council.
I am a member of APIL
I settled a claim against the local council for a historical claim against Social Services for breach of duty. Social Services failed to take action after the client told her carers about the abuse. The client successfully claimed compensation and recovered £47,900.
I acted for the Personal Representatives of an Estate in a claim for personal injuries following the contraction of mesothelioma which had been caused by asbestos exposure. The estate claimed compensation against the former employer and recovered £82,960.
I represented a client who successfully claimed £30,000 compensation from the local council, for abuse when she was a school pupil.
I have recently settled a claim against a local hospital Trust for £7,000 for failing to properly treat a fracture to the client’s foot and as a result required an operation for the joint to be fused needing a bone graft from his hip.
I acted for a client who had sustained serious injuries to his foot in an accident at work. The client required a partial amputation of the foot due to the employer’s negligence and he successfully claimed compensation and was awarded £110,000.
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Professional dancer and counsellor.
Why law as a career?
I enjoyed the subject and was interested in helping others
Hobbies and interests
Fitness, films and family time.