Careers With Us
If you’re interested in joining one of the North East’s largest and most successful law firms check out the current vacancies below to see if one is a suitable match for your experience. We also welcome speculative CVs.
You can drop us a line at email@example.com with a covering e-mail and attached CV, or call Emma Porteous on 01429 405073. No agencies thank you!
Private Family Solicitor or FCILEx 1-2 yrs. PQE
Our specialist Private Family team is looking for a Solicitor or a Fellow with around 1 to 2 years’ PQE family law experience.
The successful candidate will benefit from working closely with two experienced Private Family Lawyers. The team is based in the Wynyard office but also work out of the Stockton, Hartlepool and Barnard Castle offices as well as meeting clients at other preferred locations.
The team specialises in divorce and the financial issues arising from such as well as advising on nuptial agreements, cohabitation disputes and child arrangements. Owing to the location of the offices and local requirements the work does vary from more straightforward advice and assistance to complex business and land interests.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the team and assist senior fee earners with complex, high value Divorce and Financial Settlements and TOLATA issues. In particular assisting with taking client’s instructions at appropriate points, collating of information/documentation and drafting of court pleadings.
- Run and develop your own caseload of less complex, more straightforward divorce/financial and child arrangements cases. Recognise when senior members of the team are required for strategic planning or to refer to another department for specialist pieces of advice.
- Liaise with and advise clients from initial instructions to the conclusion of the case whether by compromised agreement thus drafting consent orders or at the end of a contested hearing. Thereafter ensuring that all terms are implemented.
- Liaise with other teams within the commercial and private client departments to obtain advice and assistance relating to the client’s needs and also to develop workload and cross sell services.
- Engage in business development activity including networking events, writing newsletters, articles, blogs and preparing and presenting seminars.
Person Specification: Experience of working on Divorce and Financial Settlements. Good client and team communication skills and a desire to play a key role in the future of the team. Keenness to develop your own skills. Good time management. Commercial attitude and the ability to engage in business development including social media awareness.
Salary & Benefits
• Salary will be competitive and commensurate on experience.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and options to buy more or sell holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Staff discounts
• Free eye tests
• Free parking
Family Solicitor/Legal Executive/Experienced Paralegal (Temporary)
We have a temporary (fixed-term) position which will commence at the end of May for a Family Solicitor/Legal Executive/Experienced Paralegal to be based in our Stockton-on-Tees office.
The purpose of this fixed-term contract is to help the Family team cover an existing Solicitors caseload for a period of 7 to 10 months.
We are looking for someone with experience of:
- Public Law Children.
- Private Law Children.
- Domestic Abuse.
- Divorce and Finances.
- Develop good working relationships with their colleagues in the department, Refuges, Experts, Solicitors and Counsel.
- Develop good relationships with clients and to treat clients with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Instruct experts and draft letters of instruction.
- Draft Consent Orders, Children Act Applications, Application for Non Molestation and Occupation Orders, Divorce Petitions, Financial Statements and Witness Statements.
- Prepare Instructions/Briefs to Counsel, Trial Bundles and Indexes and updating the same where appropriate.
- Complete Legal Help and Public Funding Forms and assessing eligibility.
- Attend court to represent clients, both in relation to their own case load and that of other fee-earners in the department. This would include directions hearings and contested hearings.
- Manage own caseload efficiently, taking account of cost and chargeable time target.
- Supervise allocated support staff.
- Work as part of the Family Department team.
- Comply with Money Laundering regulations.
- Attend departmental meetings.
Commercial Property Solicitor/FCILEx (2-6 years PQE)
Due to the continued growth of our Commercial Property department, we are looking for an experienced Commercial Property Solicitor or FCILEx with ideally 2-6 years PQE to join our team.
The role will provide exposure to high quality, complex and varied work as well as business development opportunities. It is a great opportunity to use and develop your skillset in a supportive environment where you will be responsible for running your own files which will include Landlord and Tenant work, sales and acquisitions of vacant properties, investment properties and development sites as well as funding work. You will have regular contact with clients as well as being able to maintain a healthy work life balance.
The right person for this role will have an in-depth understanding of property work and a passion to develop their career in this field. Hard-working individuals, strong interpersonal skills and confidence when dealing with clients are vital traits for this role.
Please call Emma Porteous, HR, on 01429 405073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Covering Letter.
We are always interested in hearing from experienced Conveyancers and also from support staff with conveyancing experience.
If you would like to explore job opportunities in Residential Conveyancing based at our Head of Office in Hartlepool, please get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Applications for traineeships starting in 2019 are now closed but we welcome applications for 2020.
Application Process For 2020
All applications must be made on-line. Please send a CV and covering letter to HR.PRT@tbilaw.co.uk by 1st March 2020.
We will review all applications and keep them on file for consideration before selecting our trainees for the next vacancies
Although we have limited work experience opportunities, we are happy to consider your request and keep your details on file.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we are unable to respond to each request individually.
Thank you for the time you have invested in contacting us and for your interest in Tilly Bailey & Irvine.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community regardless of race, colour, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or beliefs.
(No agencies please)
We will keep your personal data for recruitment purposes only. Please take a moment to read our Privacy Notice for Candidates.